Mattoon, IL-(Effingham Radio)-Several Lake Land College Agriculture and Horticulture students attended the PAS (Professional Agriculture Students) conference in Springfield on Thursday, February 7 to test their knowledge in competitions against other colleges and universities in various areas of agriculture.
Overall the teams earned the following honors:
- College Agriculture Quiz Bowl -First place team
- Beef Livestock Specialist -First place team
- Sheep Livestock Specialist -Third place team
- Overall Livestock Specialist -Second & Third place teams
Several individual participants earned honors as well. They are as follows:
- Maggie Kelly –Quiz Bowl First team, Second Beef Specialist, First Beef team
- Tyler Lee-First Beef team
- Hannah Buse –Quiz Bowl First team, Third Beef Specialist, First Beef team
- Brian Clapp-Third Sheep Team
- Paige Lemenager – Quiz Bowl First team, Third Sheep Team
- Montgomery Bertrand-Third Sheep Team
- Gabe Hanson-Third Livestock team
- Weston Tharpe-Third Livestock team
- Skylar Ward-Third Livestock team
- Grace Bock -Second Quiz Bowl First team, Second Livestock team
- Tucker Walton -Second Livestock team
- Luke Brinkensnider -First Overall Livestock, Second Livestock team
- Vinny Smolckovich – Quiz Bowl First team
- Sara Weber – Quiz Bowl First team, First Horticulture Specialist, First team Hort.
- Kennedi Mullen -First team Hort.
- Sophia Wagner-Third Horticulture Specialist, Second team Hort.
- Lily Towles -Second Horticulture Specialist, Second team Hort.
Other student participants included Cooper Bertolino, Reese Brock, Brantly Cooper, Kara Freebarin, Cara Griener, Tyler Hall, Miles Hannon, Ashtyn Harvey and Jackie Schertz.